Friday, September 21, 2012

High Five for Friday

It's been so long since I've done this!  I'm excited to take a look at the good things that happened to me, even if they seemed insignificant at the time.

1.  My Birchbox came in which automatically made this a good week.  Budgeting money means that I can't buy things just because I want to anymore, so Birchbox gives me an extra treat to enjoy.

2.  I've started reading again!  Woo hoo!  Read about my first adventure back into reading here.

3.  There is a cute little restaurant in my new neighborhood called The Lunch Box that has 25 cent wings every Thursday.  It's budget friendly and the wings are fresh, big, and tasty.  It's was a great to eat out somewhere and not spend a lot of money.

4.  My sororities recruitment was this past weekend and we got 20 wonderful new members!  20 may not seem like a lot but my college boasted a whopping total of about 1500 students total when I attended, so the numbers of our fraternities and sororities are small.  I have been an alum for three years now, but am now an advisor so I get to be excited about recruitment again without seeming creepy.

5.  My sorority sister Ravon's engagement party is tomorrow!  Jude is going to Nana's house for the night so the husband and I get a night to ourselves.  It's going to be awesome!

Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. What are you reading now??

    Have fun at the engagement party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always hear everyone talk about those birch boxes...I'm gonna have to get on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for 20 new recruits!

    New follower! Have a wonderful weekend! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot and say hi!

    ReplyDelete