Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Days of Cooking at Home: Day 1

This month I'm linking up with The Nester and accepting her 31 Days challenge.  For the 31 days in October I will be writing posts (both big and small) about a particular subject.  This year's topic will be Cooking at Home.  I feel that food is a great way to bring people together, to enjoy time with friends and family.

This time is often pushed aside because preparing your own food takes time and money.  Something we all claim not to have.  But if you have time to sit in the drive-thru lane for 10 minutes or spend an hour and half in a restaurant, then you have time to make a home-cooked meal.  And if you have the money to spend on fast food, you have money to make your own food.

I'm not trying to criticize, I just want to help everyone get back in the kitchen.  I love nothing more than talking to my son his bouncy chair as I chop vegetables or stir my sauce.  And I love sitting down with my husband (albeit in the living room because heaven forbid he should eat at the table...I'm working on it) and discussing our day over Taco Lasagna or Chocolate Chip Cookie pie. 

So I'm here to help you get back in the kitchen.  I'll post recipes, tools to have, and tricks to help you get back to cooking at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment