Friday, May 18, 2012

High Five for Friday

Lots of good things happening this week!  I met with my son's future pediatrician, which also happens to be the same man that took care of my husband and his younger brother.  I told my mother-in-law if he was good enough for her to trust him for the past 26 years, he's good enough for me.  The husband and I also went on the birthing center tour at the hospital so we feel even more prepared now that we have seen what's up.  I'm still trying to push this kid out while I'm sure he's inside enjoying his cushy water bath, albeit more cramped now as he's nearly 7 pounds.  But I'm still feeling well enough for work and I only have 6 more days until maternity leave!  Woo hoo!

Anyway, it's Friday!  So again I'm linking up with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk and bringing you 5 of the awesome moments from my life this week.

1.  One of my co-worker's girlfriends had twins a few months ago, a boy and a girl.  Sadly, the babies are growing up and out of their clothes already and Chris gave me this huge garbage bag full of boy clothes for my little one.  I'm so grateful because you really can't have too many clothes considering how messy babies are and everything is super cute.  This piece is my favorite because, living in Lexington, you are a UK fan or you keep your mouth shut, so Jude has no choice but to love UK and all it's basketball glory.  It's kind of funny because Chris is a University of Texas fan (we don't discuss this in public) so I know he was just itching to get rid of this beauty.


2.  Don't laugh, I know this may seem silly but this bag of carrots seriously makes me happy.  Another coworker I have has a husband who works on a farm and brought home a load of carrots large enough to make even Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh weep with joy.  I mentioned that I could take some off her hands and she brought me this gallon bag of fresh, organic, homegrown carrots to enjoy.  I've been trying to think of all the ways I can use them and carrot cake is at the top of my list.    


3.  My first Birchbox arrived!  You can read more about the loot inside here.  I have been using the lip tint, hair tie, and nail polish and absolutely love everything.  And they are shipping me a new sample of the face moisturizer!


4.  So at work we often see games and puzzles come through that people want to get rid of and unfortunately opened puzzles are automatically considered trash because we don't have the time to count all the pieces.  Customers usually just have us keep them because they don't want them either.  This Yellow Submarine one came in and I immediately called it for my own, pieces there or not, I had to give it a shot.  The husband and I have been working on it every night and it's been a great way to spend some quality time together.  We don't get tons of time together during the week and this lets us listen to music and actually have conversations with each other.  Even when we aren't talking, it's nice just to be side by side working with each other.


5.  I posted a picture of my oldest cat last week and feel the need to introduce you to my other one, Momo.  Yes, they are named Appa and Momo after the animals in Avatar: The Last Airbender.  The cartoon, not the crappy movie M. Night Shamalamadouchebag ruined.  The personalities of the animals in the cartoons really fit well with my cats.

Hope you all have had a great week!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Birchbox. Sounds like you got some great things in yours! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the puzzle. My aunt dropped of a box full of jigsaw puzzles a while ago and I set up a card table in the family room to work one. I thought it would be something different to do. You are way ahead of me though!

    ReplyDelete