Monday, May 21, 2012

Link Love

So as I've been looking through my recent Pinterest pins to share with you today, it occurred to me that I didn't really get on very much this past week. I'm almost to week 39 in my pregnancy and I have been too unfocused to really do anything but trudge through work and try to get a good night's sleep.  Instead I thought I'd share some of my favorite blogs with you so that you can enjoy them too and hopefully be inspired like I have been.

First up, Kate from The Small Things blog.  I found Kate through Pinterest of course.  She is a hairstylist and I found myself pinning or liking her stuff so much that I decided I should probably just subscribe to her blog.  She taught me how to curl my hair with a flat iron and how to french and fishtail braid.  She's got loads of hair tutorials complete with videos to show you exactly what to do which is so helpful to someone who has no clue what they're doing (i.e. me).  Kate is also the one who introduced me to Birchbox, the mail-order beauty supply website. 

Next up is Lauren over at From My Grey Desk.  She is Kate's sister.  She is more of lifestyle blogger with a mix of fashion, home, general life, and recipe posts.  She hosts the weekly link up High Five for Friday for everyone who posts the cool things that happened to them that week. 

The Pleated Poppy is home to Lindsey, mother of 3 and owner of her own accessory shop.  She blogs about her adorable children, motherhood, and her sewing and DIY ventures.  Lindsey makes and sells these amazingly cute pouches and purses and flower pins.  I haven't bought anything yet due to the impending baby and the need to save all of my pennies but I plan to soon.  I just love the ruffles and flowers she puts on her bags and pouches.  She makes me wish I knew how to sew.

Christy at The Girl Who Ate Everything is a woman after my own heart.  I can't look at her blog if I'm even remotely hungry because I just drool all over the key board (or iPhone screen).  Her recipe finds and ideas are always simple yet so damn delicious looking.  I made these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars last Easter for our potluck at work and WOW.  So wonderful.  I really hated the gestational diabetes that day.

Everyday I get something good from Jillee over at One Good Thing.  Jillee is my idol when it comes to making things we use around the house without the hefty price tag.  Her recipes for DIY house cleaners like dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, baby wipes are so inspiring to me.  We spend hundreds of dollars every year on that stuff when I could just make my own.  I'm currently waiting to use up the rest of my laundry detergent so I can make my own.  Not to mention, this kid to get here so I can see if how her baby wipes measure up to store brand.

Well there's some good things for you all to look at and be inspired by on this Monday evening.  If you are looking for new blogs to follow and be inspired by, these ladies are tops.  Check out the buttons to the right to find more blogs worth reading. 

Have a great week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment