Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My First Birchbox Day!



It's Birchbox day!  I was introduced to it by one of my favorite bloggers, Kate at The Small Things blog, and my close friend Ravon.  Basically, for $10 a month you receive boxes of sample and full sized beauty and hair products to enjoy.  With Jude on the way, I felt that I needed something just for me to enjoy and pamper myself with.  My life is about to get super hectic and I wanted to find something inexpensive to enjoy.  Who doesn't enjoy makeup and hair and skincare products?

This is my first Birchbox and I have been super excited about receiving it since I got the email that it had shipped and was due to arrive today the 15th.  The funny thing is that it actually arrived last Saturday.  My husband brought the mail in that day and forgot to tell me that it came.  He set it on the table and then cleaned off the table later to do a puzzle with me.  When I didn't see the box today but saw it had been confirmed as delivered I was about to call the post office and complain (read: yell obnoxiously because I'm pregnant and hormonal).  Luckily for everyone, especially the poor post office worker that was about to get reamed for a missing package that wasn't actually missing, the husband remembered the box and I was able to find it.


This month's theme was Gossip Girl, which is a show I have watched but never seriously gotten into.  I usually Netflix it every now and then for an episode or two.  The box is meant to be inspiring for a social butterfly looking her best on the weekends. 


Here's a breakdown of the loot I got.

-Sugar Rose tinted lip treatment with SPF 15.   I'm not usually one for lipstick but I am constantly swiping on lip balm.  This is supposed to give you the same moisturizing of a lip balm but with a pretty tint of color.  It's free from a lot of the synthetic dyes and petroleum found in other lip treatments.  It has a screw on top that I like because nothing spells disaster like lipstick in a purse without a top on.

-Color Club nail polish in Disco Nap.  It's a pretty metallic gold color which is not something I would normally go for but my nails are due for a new coat of paint anyway.  I should be adventurous right?

-Altelier Cologne in Vanille Insensee that smells absolutely heavenly.  I love anything vanilla smelling and this one has a touch of citrus too. 
 
-Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Cream, a face moisturizer.  It has built in sunscreen, which is a must for me, and is supposed to give your skin a nice tint that helps hide imperfections and reduce the need for lots of foundation.  Unfortunately, my sample came in empty.  I hear that they are really good about sending replacements when you email them to let them know if this happens so we shall see how they remedy this.

-Twistband hair tie in hot pink.  I'm super excited about this one because I've been seeing them a lot lately and I love hair ties.  These supposedly won't leave a crease in your hair but are still very sturdy.  They look cute on your wrist and seem durable so we shall see how they do at work tomorrow.

-Lastly, a postcard and pretty note card with envelope.  I don't often write notes to people but I love (read: obsessed with) stationary.  I doubt I'll send the postcard because the picture is so pretty but I'll find a use for the note card. 

I can't wait to give all these new samples a try and see how good the customer service is about the empty sample.  I'm seriously thinking about that nail polish.  Do you get Birchbox?  What did you get in yours?


2 comments:

  1. My BB Cream came in empty, too! Where should I e-mail them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Info@birchbox.com
      I just told them that my sample was empty and got a reply yesterday letting me know that they still had samples in stock an would be sending a replacement! I hope you can get one too!

      Delete